1 Day Course in London one-to-one Training | Online Courses Available | £ 200*+VAT
Type of Course: one to one or groups (max. 10 participants).
Dates and times: flexible and to be proposed by the participants.
Duration: the training lasts between 4 and 6 hours depending on whether it is a one-to-one or a group training.
– Freelance translators with little or no knowledge of CAT Tools.
– Outsourcers who want to gain new expertise.
– Project managers / Agencies who want to learn new techniques to improve ROI.
- Understand publishing processes and the proofreader’s role: Important issues regarding the role of the translator within the “publishing” process. Regardless of whether documents are published or not, the proofreader should always bear in mind that the document they deliver should be “camera-ready”.
- Understand methods of proofreading: Common proofreading methods and techniques;
- Understand the basic concepts of MS Word revision tool and Acrobat notes: An overview of MS Word revision tool and Acrobat notes and how to use both of them effectively;
- Understand how to use the Quality Assurance functionalities on 2 major CAT tools (SDL Trados Studio 2014 and WordFast PRO);
- Understand special mark-up symbols for inserting and deleting comments: Guidelines on how to highlight and mark-up changes, insert missing parts, translator’s notes, comments;
- Understand punctuation: The checks that must be carried out with regard to punctuation, numbers, dates, double spaces, comma+space, semicolon+space, colon+space, contractions, apostrophes, etc.;
- Understand spelling and grammar: An overview of common spelling and grammar issues and how to highlight them;
- Understand document formatting issues: Examples of different document formatting issues and how to handle them, such as spacing between lines, page numbering, tables and captions, etc.
*Prices for agencies or companies may vary.